Please join us on October 7, 1:00 PM EDT, to celebrate National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM). The theme is “My disability is one part of who I am” and we hope you will join the discussion and ask questions about important disability hiring issues like disability inclusion, disability etiquette and more.
How to participate
- You must have a Twitter account. If you don’t have one, just visit Twitter.com and fill out the form with your name and email and create a password to sign up
- To help make this Twitter chat easier for you to follow along and participate, we created a “room” using Twubs. Simply go to: http://twubs.com/NDEAMchat
- You will need to authenticate Twitter to be able to participate and tweet directly from here.
- Type in #NDEAMchat in the search bar
- At 1:00 PM, EDT, we will begin and our moderator will welcome participants, begin asking questions. You will see Q1, Q2, Q3 … to signal that a question is being asked. For our first Twitter chat, we have some topics and questions outlined, but encourage all participants to chime in with questions and comments
- As a guest, we welcome you to answer our questions and ask questions of your own. When participating, please use @ajejobs and #NDEAMchat so we know you are participating
- Feel free to share Tweets from within the chat with your network, perhaps by re-tweeting with comments, but don’t forget to use hashtags so people can follow along
- Pause is a good option if there are too many Tweets and you need time to catch up
- Feed Speed is the tab name on Twubs that allows you to control the speed. The conversation should auto-refresh for you every 10 seconds, but you are welcome to refresh as needed
- If you ask a question or reply to someone in the chat, use the hashtag so everyone can be in on the conversation
We look forward to your participation and your feedback! See you on October 7 at 1:00 PM, EDT. In the meantime, follow us @ajejobs.